Some very quick renders with Keyshot.
Work in progress on Joe Exotic, best known as the Tiger King from the Netflix series, this guy has a LOT of accessories!
It’s been quite a while since I used my blog, over 2 years in fact, not because I haven’t been doing anything, quite the opposite actually, for the past couple of years I’ve been working on and off with a local childrens charity “Twin Vision” helping out with a big project they had. Over the 2 years I made many assets for them for 3 animations based on key medical figures from Liverpools history. Early on we got a 3d printer to try and improve the quality of the work we were doing. It has been invaluable. I’ve now had chance to go through some photos from the project and thought I would share some details on the making of the most complicated piece that was required- a World War 1 ambulance…..
Some years ago I made a statue based on the Lollipop Chainsaw video game, at the time I had never tried digital sculpture (or rather I had but turned it straight off because it was far too confusing), so today I thought I’d see if I could improve on the original base that I made and how quick the process was, I have to say I much prefer the digital approach for hard surface modelling and can’t wait to try some 3d printing.
I’m still taking small steps into the exciting world of digital sculpture (I’m not quitting traditional), I’m making some progress, this will be the first piece that I actually see through to the end and hopefully get 3d printed, can’t wait to see the results, still a little way to go yet, but here it is, Uncle Grandpa from Cartoon Network.
Another piece I’m working on at the moment, this was inspired by stories of people unknowingly wandering into dangerous places while tracking down Pokemon. To compose the sketch quickly I used several found reference photos of alleyways and put them together like a collage, I then used zbrush to quickly build some figures which I pasted over the alleyway collage. I already had a clear idea of how I wanted this to look and the camera angle/composition so this was a quick way to get the idea down as a starting point. I then looked at a ton of Pokemon characters and did plenty of sketching to see which had silhouettes that would lend themselves to being menacing men in badly made costumes.